Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Mona isn't in Bogota anymore...

So here are a few Turkey pics, with more to come shortly. It was interesting, but I don't think I want to do it again anytime soon. I dreamed I was on an airplane last night. Sigh.

I didn't have many opportunities to interact with the Turkish people because of the language barrier, but this young woman, Melis, is a sweet testimony of God's grace at work in the Turkish church - and of great effort in learning English!
Sir Francis Drake thought it was beautiful too. Antalya Bay - historically Attalya (sp?)...
10 lyra ($7.50). It wasn't really that exciting.
The free appetizer at one restaurant. It's mostly bread, but it's a lot!
The "Eye of Sophia" is the big building behind me. Once a church of the Ottoman Empire, it's the perfect example of the architecture in the many mosques that followed, and was actually used as a Mosque for a while, a church again later, and now a museum (in Istanbul).

No comments: