Sunday, October 30, 2011

Where you think you stand

Let anyone who thinks that he stands take heed lest he fall... I Cor. 10:12

First, all the little foster children came and infested the whole house with even littler crawling bugs. Every mattress was lysoled and left in the sunshine.

I was unaffected.

Then Aliana came to stay with me. She wouldn't sleep alone, so she slept with me - but every night, we picked nits. I am SURE we never picked them all before she rested her beautiful face, surrounded by long fine hair, on my shoulder.

I never found nits in my hair.

In Bogotà, piojos were normal. No one batted an eye if you asked them to search your hair and more than once, I passed my evening hours picking through Jorge's -

but I never, ever, ever had lice.

I thought I was immune. I thought I stood.

This week, I found one. My friend found 2 more. I've picked nits for hours out of my own hair this weekend, used a jar of mayonnaise, 2 gallons of vinegar, a can of lysol, and 1/2 gallon of bleach in my quest to rid myself of these parasites.

I fell. And así:
sin.

You think you can't fall to that temptation. You've stood against it for so many years. It creeps in, the source unknown. And so you battle. It would've been easier to catch before it went this far.

Take heed. Will you fall?

No comments: