Friday, March 9, 2012

Perspective

I read her sentence, "Can your dad run faster than my cat?"

What? Where did that come from?

OH. It was the spelling test sentence, "Can your dog run faster than my cat?"

That's funny, I thought. I pictured the child's dad out racing the cat. I pictured the child watching. Actually, yes, this child would ask her dad to something of that sort.

It's all about perspective. I wonder how often God says one thing, but we hear another?

----

Or there's the day they filled out a survey on their thoughts for the DWI prevention program. How old is an adult? 18? 21? 25?

He waited, looking up inquisitively. "How old are you, miss?"

When you're 7, all adults may be lumped together as one age. When you're a teen, the 20s are near and the 80s everlastingly far. Then comes adulthood. Pretty soon, eternity will come. No wonder God says one day is as a thousand years.

1 comment:

L said...

The age thing is so true. I remember thinking 30 was soooooo old. It's not. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Hope you are well.